Visit

Visit
My New Blog

Repost.Us

About Me

My Photo
I am a lawyer & mother by day & a midnight writer. I just finished my first novel, a legal thriller, JUSTICE FOR SALE. More...

My Crimespace Page


CrimeSpace: A place for readers and writers of crime fiction to schmooze, booze and draw up plans for the heist to end all heists.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My 2013 A~Z Theme

Crimes, Police Procedure & The Legal System: A Reference for Crime Fiction Writers

Click Here for the A to Z list of bloggers

Have You Heard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ninja Novel Conference

the dojo

Ninja Warrior

Get widget

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

How did you celebrate Memorial Day?

Did you enjoy the long weekend ? Grill out? Go for a swim ? We loaded all the kids, their friends and the dogs and headed to our camp. The camp is a cabin style lake house on Caddo Lake. We has big plans: swim, boat rides, skiing, tubing and cooking on the grill.

Imagine our shock when we arrived and found the destruction of the latest storm. A tree was in the pool; the boat was MIA, apparently tossed across the lake by the angry wind. The fishing poles were gone and the entire place looked like it had been hit by a tornado. I guess the storm was worse than we thought. But the kids were troopers and wanted to stay for the weekend anyway. I was worried that they would be bored, but they finally took my advice and got outside and made their own fun. I've been harassing them for years to turn off the iPads and pods and have fun the way we did when we were kids.

Tree in pool! 
So
With no pool and no boat, whats' a kids to do?

Well we can use the tube as a raft and float in the lake, ( duh mom).

and ride the dirt bike.


 
 Blake is such a girly girl, she shocks me every time I see her doing something like riding a motorcycle.

Look at my tan, mom.


 
So the kids decided to swim in the lake. They're young and nothing scares them. Me, no way am I swimming with snakes and gators 


 


 We ran to Walmart and picked up a few fishing poles and some bait and Bennett and his friends caught Bass and Catfish


 
And we found anothe use for the tube. Rolling down the hill almost hitting trees but landing in the water.


 Even the dogs had fun.
And they found new doggy friends.


 Swam  in the lake and got really dirty, but they were worn out each night.


 
A good time was has by all and without computers or technology, we played games and had the best family weekend, ever. 


 
We didn't want to leave.


 Did I mention the grill disappeared?


 



 


 How was your weekend ?
 

 

17 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the damage! Did you get the tree out? And find your boat? Glad the kids had fun anyway. If there's water, they are usually happy. I'm with you though - no way am I jumping in water with snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek. I hate that there was so much damage, but it sounds like you guys had a blast anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love that your kids turned off the electronics, great idea to have them do that. I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids always get creative if it is about fun. And those dogs had a great time too, hahaha. Good you had fun despite that nasty tree in your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute kids and dogs! looks like you guys had a lot of fun & made some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopping by. i love the water so it is nice! looks like fun. thanks for stopping my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. It was a really fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree is being removed today and the construction crew has started on all the repairs. I was really surprised that we had so much fun despite, the damage, but we did. The dogs needed a long bath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Chuck. I posted that from a blogger app on my phone, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I didn't realize the photos were so large. Thank you for the comment about Blake, I take that as a compliment. I think she gets tired of hearing it. She is definitely her mother's daughter in every way (especially her attitude, Lol).

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was the best idea we've had in a long time

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did. I think we had more fun because when we first saw the damage we figured the weekend was ruined. It was one of the best times we've shared as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We finally found the boat. I almost wish we hadn't because the insurance money was sounding good, lol. The tree is out, but the pool needs major repair work. I forgot to mention all the abandoned oil wells in Caddo Lake, so there is always a chance of getting cut by the broken pipe on the nasty lake water, yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. perhaps the grill went for a swim in the lake too.


    Great post...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like an awesome long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, so great how you guys were able to improvise and have fun despite all the damage from the storm! Based off these pics, it looks like you all had a fantastic time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like everyone had fun despite the wreckage. Lovely pics. :)
    Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments. Say what's on your mind, unless you are a stalker or a troll then kindly disappear.