Visit

Visit
My New Blog

Repost.Us

About Me

My Photo
I am a lawyer & mother by day & a midnight writer. I just finished my first novel, a legal thriller, JUSTICE FOR SALE. More...

My Crimespace Page


CrimeSpace: A place for readers and writers of crime fiction to schmooze, booze and draw up plans for the heist to end all heists.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My 2013 A~Z Theme

Crimes, Police Procedure & The Legal System: A Reference for Crime Fiction Writers

Click Here for the A to Z list of bloggers

Have You Heard

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ninja Novel Conference

the dojo

Ninja Warrior

Get widget

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dirty Santa Rules: How To Play Dirty Santa At Your Next Holiday Gathering

My family plays Dirty Santa every year and we have the best time.  But ... someone always claims that we aren't doing it right and who knows -- we're probably not.

I've played for twenty- five years and with many different families and co-workers and others.  It seems every group has their own version ( and that's ok), as long as everyone knows the rules and agrees before the game begins.  It's never a big issue, we are always having too much fun, but I've noticed two main areas that different groups differ on. The first is whether player one draws first or last and the biggest area ( by far) of discrepancy seems to be on how a particular gift is finally retired. Thanks to the following post, I finally understand what " 3 times," means and am glad to know it is not what my family believed it to be.

Read on for a complete and detailed guide to playing Dirty Santa and if you haven't tried this game - I highly recommend it.

 Dirty Santa Rules: How To Play Dirty Santa At Your Next Holiday Gathering

5 comments:

  1. My work plays that. (Although I've never been fond of the 'Dirty Santa' title.) We play that number one goes last and an item can only be stolen twice and then it's retired.
    Good to hear from you, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, don't think I've ever heard of the "Dirty Santa" game before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have to try it. Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I've played many variations of this at different group gatherings but never heard it called Dirty Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Just stopping by early for A to Z.

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments. Say what's on your mind, unless you are a stalker or a troll then kindly disappear.